Taylor absolutely loves bath time, especially now that she gets to take "big girl baths" without the baby tub. She does not just sit and play quietly and contently in the bath. She crawls around, stands up, splashes, throws toys outside the tub, tries to crawl out of tub to retrieve toys, and plays in the water spout but it is so much fun to watch her play.
When I take her in the bathroom to start her bath and turn on the water she will immediately start trying to climb out of my lap and into the tub while reaching for the water. Apparently she does not see the need to undress and take off her diaper before getting in the tub and if it was up to her she would just hop in as soon as the water started flowing. Those extra 30 seconds of taking off clothes and the diaper are just pure torture to her. When you put her in the tub she immediately goes to the faucet and plays in the "water fall". It doesn't bother her one bit that water splashes her in the face, she just keeps on playing and laughing.
Funny story from Saturday night's bath time. Taylor was playing in the bath when she had some tooties. She kept right on playing. A few minutes later she stands up, hangs onto the side of the bath tub and starts grunting and turning red in the face - a poo is coming. I panicked, looking around for something (a diaper perhaps?) to place under her but couldn't find anything. I looked over at the toilet and thought "why not?". So I scooped her up, dripping wet, and sat her down on the toilet. She proceeded to do her business in the potty. I yelled for Brian, we all clapped and cheered and Brian took pictures. She was not quite sure what all the fuss was about or why she was sitting on this "chair with a big hole in it." So I cleaned her up, put her back in the bath and she went on playing like nothing had ever happened. I was just thankful I was not cleaning poo out of the tub. Now I know that it will be quite a while before we even begin to think about potty training, but I was quite excited about her achievement. For now we have more important things to work on - like walking and trying to cut our first tooth. Maybe she can do both before her first birthday in 15 days (if not that's ok too, we still love our little crawling Taylor with no teeth!).
No comments:
Post a Comment