I thought that I needed to post about Taylor's obsession with certain songs. Music is a big hit around our house these days - heck, it has been for quite some time now. One of her favorite songs is "Three Little Fishies". This is a song that I remember my mom singing to me so I sang it to Taylor. In fact, Nana (my grandmother) says that she remembers her brother singing the song to her! How neat is that! Anyway, I only knew the first verse so that is what we sang. Brian thought that the song was crazy and made no sense, but she loved it so I kept singing. I finally looked up the song online and actually downloaded it from iTunes and now we know all 4 verses. Brian is much more satisfied now that he knows the ENTIRE story of the "Three Little Fishies". Click here to see the lyrics and click here to listen to a clip of the song.
Another favorite is "Jesus Loves Me". I have posted before that Taylor loves this song when we sing it in church. Well, it is one of the songs on an album that I downloaded off of iTunes for her and it still remains high on her list. She is also fond of "Father Abraham", "The B-I-B-L-E", "Noah's Arky Arky", "Peter James and John in a Sailboat" and "Who Did Swallow Jonah" off of the same album.
Now for the song that she absolutely loves but I am kind of ashamed to admit that we allow her to listen to it - the theme song from Two and a Half Men. In an attempt to save money when we moved in the new house we only got basic cable - that means we get like 12 channels and some of them are duplicates of each other. So we are limited on what we can watch. At 6 and 6:30 Two and a Half Men comes on. Since I have usually just watched the 5:00 news I don't care to watch the same thing again and this is the only other option. It is usually on while I am fixing dinner and feeding Taylor. A while back I started noticing that she got really excited and would watch the TV when they would sing the theme song. In case you've never heard this song click here. The lyrics are "men men men men, manly men men men" - and this repeats several times. But she LOVES it. She will look at the TV and grin and laugh then when the song goes off she loses interest in the TV. Does this mean it's the catchy jingle that she likes or is she trying to warn us that she really likes men - manly men that is? I am hoping that it is the former, she's just a tad bit young to develop an obsession for men, although she did have 2 young toddlers fighting for her attention at the Super Bowl party. I've already heard her daddy talking about the things he is going to do/tell her prospective boyfriends and I would hate to think that he is going to have to redo his plan and gear it towards toddlers.
Taylor has also become really interested in pictures on my computer - more specifically, pictures of herself. I have this picture set as my background and she LOVES it.
Everytime I open my computer she grins and laughs and reaches for the pretty baby. I have tested and she is definitely interested in her pictures and not so much the ones of mommy and daddy and other people. I am hoping that she just likes looking at the pretty baby and is not developing into some sort of really vain baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment