Tuesday, January 26, 2010

We're Back!


I know it's been awhile since I've updated but we've been very busy around here. We were out of town last weekend, then back for 2 days, then back out of town for almost an entire week. During our time back home Taylor had her 6 month checkup appointment and shots. She did great with the checkup but wasn't such a happy little girl after the shots. Her measurements were: weight - 17 lbs. 6 oz. (67%), height - 26.5 inches (65%), head - 44.5 cm (90%). She doesn't go back until 9 months and she won't have to get any shots that time, just a finger prick.

This past week Brian was working out of town, first south of Jackson and then in Picayune, so we decided to tag along with him. We spent the night in Jackson with my parents, then moved on to my grandmother's house in Picayune. Our visit to Picayune worked out perfectly because last Tuesday, January 19th, my cousin and his sweet wife welcomed twins to the family. They were 10 weeks early but are doing great! Julia was 3 pounds, 1 ounce and Andrew was 2 pounds, 6 ounces. Now they are just hanging out in the NICU trying to gain some weight so that they can go home. I know that Taylor is going to love having twin cousins to play with once they get a little older.

My 2 little min pins have been staying at my parents house since February 2009 when we started painting our house in Meridian to put it on the market. Since our fence is finally finished we brought them back this weekend. It is so good to have them back as part of our family! Taylor better love animals, especially dogs, seeing as we have a small zoo around here.

During our travels, Taylor decided that she did not want to sleep. At home she usually sleeps from about 9:30 pm to 7:00 am, but that was not the case while traveling. We were up every 2 hours taking a bottle. I think she doubled her normal food intake while traveling. Unfortunately she didn't revert back to her old sleeping habits once we got back home yesterday. Both Brian and I were up several times last night. I sure hope this passes quickly because I don't know how much of this I can take!

Taylor has got about 6 teeth just waiting for the opportune time to pop through her gums. You can tell they are right below the surface but just haven't made their appearance yet. She is also talking up a storm. She loved visiting with everyone this past week and definitely shared her opinions with everyone! She is also so close to starting to scoot or crawl around. I think it will be so much fun when she can crawl but I know that my life will be so much more complicated!


No comments: