Thursday, July 8, 2010

Cozy Coupe


Brian and I gave Taylor a Princess Cozy Coupe car for her birthday. While I had an idea that she would like the car, I had no idea it would be as big of a hit as it has become. Let me start this out by saying I should have known this from the stories that I heard about my Cozy Coupe car when I was little. Apparently I loved it and refused to come out to eat. They would put my plate on the coffee table and I would roll up to it and eat my dinner while still seated comfortably in the car.



In case you haven't kept up with the Cozy Coupe news, it has had a facelift since my childhood. The 30th Anniversary edition now sports a face as well as a removable floorboard. It also comes in the Princess model which is pink and blue. Even though Taylor is a little under the recommended age of 18 months I thought that with the floorboard we would be able to enjoy the car earlier and boy was I right.

She loves to ride around in it and wave. She waves at anything and everything - people, cars, animals, inanimate objects, etc. We take her on rides around our den and outside. Brian has even taken her on a few trips to the lake across the street. She just contently sits in the car waving while you push her around. Usually you can find her purse (also a birthday present) riding along in the car with her and occasionally a few other toys depending on her mood.

The other night she was tired because it was past her bedtime and we tried to put her down. She started crying and because she was so tired she got into that hysterical crying mode where she can't calm herself down. I tried all the normal tricks to calm her down - singing, rocking, juice, walking, etc. None of these were cutting it. So I put her in the car and she immediately quit crying. She reached out and closed the door herself (she's really good at that!) and grabbed ahold of the steering wheel and looked at me like "I'm ready to go Mom!". So we proceeded to take a short stroll out onto the driveway and around the den. Then she sat and played in the car with her purse for a few minutes until she started rubbing her eyes. So I put her back to bed where she fell right to sleep. I guess sometimes a girl just needs to ride in her Cozy Coupe car before she can get a good night's rest.

It also serves as a great walk behind toy. Taylor will load the car up with toys and drive them around the den. She always looks so proud of herself when she does this!



No comments: