Tuesday, September 7, 2010

13 & 14 Months!


Dear Taylor,

I can't believe that my sweet little girl is 14 months old! I know that I say that every month, but that is how I feel. You have learned so much these past couple of months and have definitely turned into a little girl. You now have 4 teeth that are completely in (top middle 2 and bottom middle 2) and I think that there are a few more just waiting to pop through.
You pretty much eat whatever we eat now. You are a big fan of cheese right now and anything that has cheese on it is a good thing according to you. You also finally decided to start drinking milk - chocolate milk that is, but I'm not complaining, at least you're drinking milk.

You walk all around the house holding on to someone's hand or pushing a toy but haven't decided to "let loose" and go off on your own yet. You are starting a Mom's Day Out program next week and you are supposed to be walking to start so we're just going to pretend that you have actually accomplished that milestone. I feel sure that once you get in the classroom and see all the other kids cruising around on their own two feet that you will decide to do this also (at least that's what I keep telling myself). We have been having "walking boot camp" around our house this month and I felt certain that this would persuade you to take off walking on your own, but no, you have to be stubborn and do things on your own schedule (you would think I would have learned this by now).

Your vocabulary is growing every day. Some words you know are Mama, Dada, An (Gran), Andaddy (Grandaddy), David, Drake, Gitty Gitty (Kitty Kitty), ball, out, juice, Jesus, baby, hey, bye, book, and many others that I can't seem to remember. You also are learning your body parts. You can show where your ears, eyes, nose and tongue are. You know what a cow, dog, cat, and monkey say too.

You still love music. One of your favorite songs right now is "This Little Light of Mine." When it comes on you put your finger up and wave it around letting your little light shine. It is the cutest thing I have ever seen and always makes me smile. You are especially good at doing this when we are riding in the car. I love to look in the rear view mirror when the song comes on and see those little fingers waving in the air.

You travelled to Starkville last weekend for the first MSU football game of the season and you had a great time. While you did enjoy being in the stadium (I think you thought all the clapping was for you) tailgating was your favorite activity of the day. There was just so much for a little girl to do - grass to crawl around in, plenty of food to eat, baby cousins to play with, quilts to roll around on and plenty of people to hold you. You wore your cheerleader outfit with your baseball hat and looked very cute. You did much better than I expected considering that the game didn't start until 6:00 pm and your bedtime is usually 7:30 pm.

I love you Taylor and I can't wait to see what you learn this month!

Love,
Mommy

No comments: